Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tattling OB's?

So at work last night I got tattled on. Not by a patient, not by a nurse or co-worker, but by a physician. Honestly, how old are we? He asked me to call him every hour, then he called the patient on her cell phone to whine about how I kept calling him every hour. Then he called the charge nurse to question my training, and how dare I tell him what to do. He's delivered 15,234 babies and how dare a measly nurse tell him what to do! So you guessed it ladies, I have a new favorite OB (in case you couldn't see my eyes rolling they totally were). But you can tell my old favorites from Cottonwood that they are off the hook and quite fabulous compared to the others out there! It's funny, I never thought I would miss those epis cutting, fundal pushing men.

So as I was asking my co-nurses and charge nurse what they thought about my patient and my care - you know I am still a patient advocate despite his assessment, and am willing to admit I can very infrequently, very, very rarely, but possibly sometimes be wrong - and what they would have done, they informed me that this OB is 'disgusting'. Really every separate person said, 'Oh yeah, he's disgusting.' He 'sings' to the patient's vagina, and often winks and comments to the husband (or bofriend) about the 'courtesy stitch' and how 'this one's for them'! Yeah, kinda glad I'm not on his good list!

So when I woke up this morning, Gretchen told me that Chris went to 'some car place'. For two hours I was trying to figure out where he went. I finally called him, and he was at the driving range! Ha ha! That little girl is pretty cute. She has actually been playing on her own pretty well, with less whining and crying. It did require a cold shower via Chris the other night, but she's been much better since then.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that is better not have been MY kids that acted that way. If it was, you let me know and I'll correct him!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen, certainly not! I would have got you on the phone to straighten him out! I don't think a nurse's son could ever act that way! Plus he was great when I worked with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgusting to say the least!! And I thought some of our docs were bad... Oh wait, they are. jk. You are tops when if comes to patient care-- remember, I speak from experience! Hang in there girl. And do I hear rumors that you won't have to put up with that jerk too much longer??

    ReplyDelete