Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grandma's in town!

Daddy's in Dallas for the week for work, so Grandma came to town to play with us! Thatcher even coaxed her on to the tramp! (don't tell her I posted these, she won't be happy!)



So we had a little "movie night" last night and watched Lilo and Stitch. It was horrible! Gretchen started bawling because she missed her daddy (I think the movie was sad and scary and it brought it out). It was lame. Maybe we'll have to try again tonight with a GOOD movie. I thought you were safe with Disney, but I guess not!
We ventured out to Schnepf Farms today. It wasn't nearly as excited as it was supposed to be. It was nearly deserted - I ended up driving on roads I wasn't supposed to because we couldn't find people anywhere! We finally found someone to tell us what to do and had some fun. We rode a train around the farm to feed some deer, giddy-up'd on the carousel built in 1912, petted some kind goats and a donkey, played at the playground, and picked some vegetables! The veggies pretty much sucked - more weeds than anything. I guess next time we'll bag that part and go out to our own garden! They do have peach orchards though that are supposed to be great in May, so we'll have to try that out for sure!
This is Thatcher screaming, "NO!" at me while I aim the camera at him. He can be so pleasant at times!



Thatcher actually pet the goats! That is remarkable compared to his reaction to them at the State Fair in September! And I'm pretty sure they had one of the huge-est bulls around! It was Gi-normous!

3 comments:

  1. I love that your mom jumped on the tramp with them. I'm a little jeolous of your Arizona weather about now. IF only JEremy would get a job down there. We could be neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!! How do like the warmth??? I have two kids that live in Gilbert-----one just off Williams Field between Higley and Greenfield and one just off Lindsey from Williams Field. Are you working down there?? My son is an OB there. I love being down there altho NOT in the summertime!!!

    ReplyDelete