Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy B Day Chris, and more January vegetables!

So Chris received this awesome new shirt in the mail from Lindsay and Kete - thanks guys!

Chris's boss allowed him the day off on his b day - and we went golfing. It was a beautiful day. Thatcher LOVED it. He is no longer happy to sit in the cart and eat snacks - I even tried to brag him with fruit snacks and he wanted nothing to do with them. He wants to be golfing, and where you are supposed to - like on the tee box and hitting his ball into the hole on the green. I can't even distract him and keep him out of the way! Luckily our golf companions were nice about it! Maybe we have a little Tiger on our hands. . .

So I put this shirt on Thatcher and he kept this hood on for about 5 hours!

Here are some of the beauty vegetables from our Schnepf farms outing. It's always nice to have fresh veggies. Speaking of fresh veggies. . .

My vegetables are thriving - I even have some orange-ish tomatoes! What a weird January!
Look - some broccoli seedlings!

My lettuce looks nearly ready!

The orange-ish tomatoes. And after some major pruning, they even recovered from the Christmas-time frost!

With some help from the President I was able to stake my pea plants! Rather creatively if I must say so.

3 comments:

  1. I love having a garden, and hey if you can do it in January even better. I'm jealous of the Arizona weather about now. Jeremy actually wants to apply for a manager posistion in Phoenix, so hey maybe I could enjoy January vegtable someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great...fresh veggies in January. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday CHris, Marianne would be so jealous of the CHuck Norris shirt!

    ReplyDelete