Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Constant questions. . .

So as per usual spring, Chris has been working non stop. The children's questions are adding up - here was my dinner the other night.
Gretchen asks, "Is Jesus really big?"
me: No I think he's the same size as us.
Gretchen: Do we look really small to him?
me: Well, maybe. Like when you're in an airplane.
Gretchen: Oh yeah and everything looks so tiny small.
Thatcher: Yeah and then Jesus stomps on all the people and the cars!
me: Huh? No, Jesus doesn't stomp on cars and people. (I still don't know where that one came from)
Gretchen: what are carrots made of?
me: Um, carrots.
G: Yeah, but what are they MADE of?
me: Well, you plant a seed and with dirt and water and sun it grows.
G: yeah, but what are they made of?
me: Um, I don't know, just carrots.
G: What is water made of?
me: Well, it comes from rain and snow.
G: I know, but what is it made of?
me: I don't know, heavenly father and Jesus just made it for us.
G: Why don't I like vanilla?
me: Um, I don't know.
G: Is pepper a spice?
me: Well, yeah.
G: Why isn't it in a spice jar?
me: ahh. I don't know.

(really this was non-stop within about 10 minutes. I can really use that 'go ask your dad' - it's rough when he works late!)

Here are some more winners.

As discussing the prospect of another child, and health insurance, Gretchen asks (both Chris and I) "how do you make a baby?"
Hmm. I was hoping we'd have a few years for this one. Chris replied, very well I might add, with a long discussion about eggs in the mom's tummy and that they mix with a part from the dad and then grow for a long, long time into a baby! she said, "Oh."

So then, a few weeks later I went into the doctor, with Thatcher, for an ultrasound and had to disrobe my lower half. Thatcher asks me, "Why are you taking your pants off?" I say, "they just have to look at something in my tummy." He says, "Oh, cause you have eggs in there that turn into babies?" Stunned, I say, "Well, yeah actually." Then he returns to his leapster game. Wow - those kids ears are always open!

We have gone through some in vitro stuff - but with unknown results. But here are the potential candidates. . .

Cute, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment