Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thatcher's Preschool

So on about day 2 of Thatcher's life I signed him up for preschool. Put him on the waiting list, that is. We went in, in person, the other day to officially sign up (and pay $$$ of course). So for those of you that know Gretchen well, I spent may days having her peeled off of my arms and legs by her preschool teachers - one time on Halloween her teacher was dressed up as 'the dentist who stole Nemo', very clever and cute, with fins and all, and she had to carry my giant child into the classroom, while I left amidst her screaming. Some of you would say, "Wow, what willpower from a mother to leave that sad child." I tell you, nope. She wore me down way before that. That crying is barely heard in my ears. YOu should have seen her at swimming lessons. But ahh! I regress! So Thatcher's preschool. . .

So we show up, and that little boy made himself right at home. They took us on a 'tour' and a regularly scheduled class was in session. He shoved his way past a teacher coming out into the hall and RAN over and sat down with the class on the rug for storytime! It was the cutest dang thing! And so refreshing after all the tears. . . . He is SO SO excited. I told him when he's 4 he can go (since he'll be 4 in Sept I thought that the simplest explanation. And they gave him a t shirt (or should I say the t shirt was $75) which he wants to wear everyday, and is shown in the pic with the worms (scroll down a post or two). Anyway. I sure love my kiddos - they keep life entertaining and full of sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment