Monday, November 17, 2008

Chicken Taco Soup

So I thought I'd share a recipe I kinda made up last week. I wanted a taco soup but with chicken, so I combined a few reicpes. It was pretty tasty!

Combine the following in a stockpot:
1 Tbl onion pwder
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (I used 2 cans diced tomatoes and ½ can diced green chilies)
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced

Top with shredded cheddar cheese, dollop of sour cream or cream cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.

This was also great leftover. You could also do it in a crockpot, but I often don't plan that far ahead! Have a good day -

2 comments: