Saturday, May 29, 2010

Girls trip to San Francisco!

I went to San Francisco last weekend with my sister, Susie, and my two neices. It was great fun! We did some of the usuals:

China town where I found some awesome gifts for the kids - Thatcher is obsessed with his 'ninja' sword, and Gretchen with her Chinese umbrella,

A self portrait on the trolley - yeah, I know, i should be a photographer,

The fat seals at pier 39, they made me miss Chris so much,

Ah, the lovely view of San Francisco from Alcatraz,

the lovely view inside Alcatraz - I'm going to save this one to deter my teenagers from breaking the law!

This is my new favorite saying. They had it posted on the bus, and I think I might put it up at my work! Ha ha
We went to the de Leon museum and a natural history museum or something like that, but they had the coolest sea horse thiingy I've ever seen - it's called a sea dragon


Another self portrait - we rode bikes across the Golden Gate bridge and into Sausalito. It was great fun! Super windy, cold, really far and hilly, but fun and beautiful!

MMMMMM. Ghirardelli sundae!

A view of the bridge from my bike! I even took this without crashing on my bike!


And I was worried how the kids would manage without me - well they didn't even seem to notice i was gone! They got to play with cousins and grandmas and grandpas every day, swimming, parties at Wheeler Farm, phew! I think I'll have to go out of town more often!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had fun. We saw those sea dragons at the aquarium in Tampa. They are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic trip! The biking looks fun. And the sundae, delicious!

    ReplyDelete