Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Modern Woman?

So being a 'modern woman' is the goal, right? If we were old fashioned or outta style, that would be a major faux pas. So here's what I've decided it means to be a 'modern woman'.

*We can wear whatever we want. Pants, sleeveless shirts, and flip flops. Our ankles can show, as well as a fair amount of cleavage.
*We can pick and choose our careers. Doctor, lawyer, humanitarian, even run for President of the U.S.
*We can be sexy and educated, and smart and sassy all at once.
*We are strong enough to open our own doors, and pay our own way.
*In addition to all of the things we can do, there are still all the things we have to do. So not only can we have our own careers, and our own social life, provide health insurance to our family, run and scrapbook, we also have to clean the toilets. Oh and the laundry. Well and I guess clean the floors. And vacuum. And clean the windows. And install new door knobs. And plant flowers and trim the shrubs. Sometimes mow the lawn, cause the husband's busy. Take the kids to all their lessons, and help with their homework. And discipline them when their naughty.

Hmmmm, what's going on here??!! Wait, I know. . .yeah, I've got it. So being a modern woman means, not only do we have to do all the things that we 'have' to do - like all the housework and kid care - we now have to have careers and be self-fulfilled! So, I'm not sure about you, but who came up with this crap? Now I just have to do all of the man's work, as well as my own! Blast. . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ok, ok - no bad news about my husband. He's a super hard worker, and works lot of hours at work, and I love him dearly. This is about the general woman. Nothing to do with me personally, right?

    ReplyDelete