Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gretchen - WHAT?!?

At breakfast this morning, Gretchen says, "I had a dream last night that me and Porter were sleeping together." Cough, cough! "What?!" I say. (Porter is one of her friends from school and church that, yes, is a boy - not one of those unisex named girls.) So as I am pondering this remark, and thinking, "Oh great. I've let her over hear too much Grey's Anatomy," or, "Kete was right. All of those teeny-bopper Disney shows have made her boy crazy!" I mean come on, I am already stressed that she wants to play with Porter instead of the girls in the neighborhood, and that she insists on being Batman and spiderman instead of princesses! And then she continues on to say, "We were on bunk beds, and Sydney was there, and she was having a sleepover on a bunkbed with Lizzy and . . . ." Phew! And phew again! Glad I took a second to listen instead of lecturing my 5 year old on fornication and how she can't play with boys anymore!

A couple days a go, she was standing in front of the mirror with her hands in her pockets, and she said, "Look at my hands according to my pockets!" Yep, she said according! I think she was telling me about how her hands looked smaller while in her pockets, but honestly most the time I'm not listening.

2 comments:

  1. HA! Chris looks so cute and chunky! I have all of my grandparents old slide pics because I was the one to convert them to a cd. I have a lot of good ones of Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I have the same problem with Haylie, all her friends are boys. Seriously, she just gets along better with them. Maybe cuz they don't mind her bossiness as much? :) But it worries me too. I'm just hoping she will be friends with all the boys, and not making them her boyfriends! :) good luck with Gretchen

    ReplyDelete