Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

So I was knee deep in teaching the sunbeams (for a funny sunbeam story search sunbeams in my blog) and they were all quite and listening. This is amazingly remarkable considering the kids! But I thought, "Wow! They are honestly listening! I think I am getting through to them!" and as I paused to take a breath, one of the kids said, "I have two tramps!" Hmmm. I was hoping for a question to my lesson or something! Oh well. At least he has two tramps!

Gretchen did ask me some interesting questions, however. She said, "How will the lions know when Jesus comes?" Um, what? So she repeats, "How will the lions know when Jesus comes?" Hmmm. Not wanting to make asking any questions about Jesus unpleasant, I continued to ask what she was talking about, in my sincerest and kindest mother-voice. Turns out, she was asking how the lions will know to act nice during the second coming, since everyone will be acting nice when Jesus comes again. And how will the lions know that He has come again. Wow. I guess she was listening during primary!

We met with our new bishop on Sunday for tithing settlement. He is very nice. I'm starting to have a realization of all of the work that a bishop has to put in, and that he honestly cares for me and my family. It's kind of embarassing to admit that it's taken me this many years in the church to notice! He is really great, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment