Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to Kete's Home Cookin'! We were pleasured enough to have my brother in law, Kete, prepare our Thanksgiving meal! You would not believe the preparation that he put into it. I had no idea there were so many steps! I did make the mashed potatoes, kinda my specialty, and Chris made some fabulous rolls, and then Kete made more items, some of the in laws brought other items, and we had quite the feast!
Gretchen LOVES to watch cooking shows on tv - and now she had her own personal show! Kete explained his technique fabulously! There was quite the thawing and brining and triming and basting and flavoring and resting and slicing and eating! Phew! I'm worn out just thinkin' about it!



Gotta look your thanksgiving best! Luckily Aunt Lindsay has a way with hair (unlike Gretchen's mother who just chops hair off! Uh, what's a comb?)! A side note - Kete was wearing some longish shorts (or shants as some would call them) and Gretchen walked past him and said, "hey, I have capris just like that." Gotta love kids!



Ahhhh. The finished masterpiece!
So as I was taking pictures, Thatcher kept saying "me!" and requesting that I take some of him. Well, this is his posing smile! Ha ha!







This was my first Thanksgiving away from home. It was kinda sad, and it rained on top of it! But we had some fun family togetherness, and especially some great rock band and settlers matches. I bet none of you can say you have heard your father-in-law singing to rock band! But I do miss my Utah family! I hope all of your Thanksgivings were great - we are thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment