Friday, September 19, 2008

Utah! Utah!

So last Monday night Chris suggested flying up to Utah on Wednesday morning. I said, "um, OK!" It was so great to visit every one. I flew up with the kids and Chris drove with Dave. We had lots of visiting and lots of eating. And of course some illnesses. I managed to get the stomach flu, and both kids came home with a cold. I guess that's the price of fun! Thatcher also managed a small amount of vomit at Pei Wei. What's a vacation without vomit?

One of my first stops was to check out our old house. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think it looks kinda lonely!

And of course, some of the best mixed beverages ever made! I have missed these dearly.

Grandma Adler threw a little early B-day party for Thatcher (who will be two next week!). He was a little cross (what else is new) and not quite as gracious as I would like my child to be, but what can you do? He certainly is his father's child, with the often inability to keep his eyes open during a photo!

Grandma A. gave Thatcher this awesome 4 wheeler! He loves it!

We made a visit to one of my best friends, Angie, to check out the new addition. Isn't she cute! Gretchen would hardly let me hold her! I had to pry the baby out of her arms!

We certainly had to golf, seeing as the weather wasn't 110 degrees. It was actually almost chilly! I had a sweatshirt and all! But look!! It's fall! Who knew? I certainly didn't living in down here! I will miss the fall leaves. They are so lovely. One of our favorite weekend pastimes is golfing with the Knights!


What fall Utah trip would be complete without a stop at the State Fair? Is this not the creepiest photo ever?

Do you think Thatcher could get any further away from the goat? He refused to go into the sheep house, yelling, "No!No!" He is becoming increasingly determined to get his way. When it was time to fly back everyone kept asking him, "Thatcher do you get to go on an airplane?" and he would vehemently answer, "NO! Boat!" I finally conceded after his near tears and we are referring to them as SKY boats.

We had loads of fun, but were also glad to come home. Wait-did I just call this place home? Whoa, that's wierd. The kids slept well in their own beds, and Gretch was glad to see Jackson at school. I then went for a jog through the park and every single person I saw wished me a good morning! How nice! I guess I'll frequent that park more often!

I am waiting to hear back about 2 job offers - both in labor and delivery and part time - about 3 shifts or more a month. It's nice to be home, but that will give our budget a little boost, and keep my license current. I wish the hospitals were a little closer - the nearest is about 25 min. away - but that's life. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a fun little getaway! Love the story about Thatcher demanding that the airplane be called a boat and yes...that is the freakiest photo ever. Is that a goat?!? How funny. Well, welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete