Saturday, September 27, 2008

Veggie Garden

So since I had the landscapers put in these great little veggie gardens I decided to do some fall planting. It's kinda wierd planting seeds in September, not to mention sweating while doing it. The kids were such a great help, moving dirt back in spots I had just cleared away, stepping on freshly planted seeds, flicking dirt in my hair, fighting, did I forget anything? But we amazingly got it done. I have never had much success with a vegetable garden, so I am crossing my fingers. Weeds I can grow brilliantly. I think I've worked out flowers, too, so now it's time to work on the veggies! I got a great list from my sister in law, Mindy, as to what to plant when, so away I go! After waiting like 3 days and not seeing anything, I was pretty sure my work was a failure. I mean I have been patient and everything!! Shouldnt I like have mounds of fresh veggies by now? But wait! LOOK. . . BUDDING SEEDS!

Aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment