Monday, August 25, 2008

Holy MONSOON!!


So I believe I have experienced my first Arizona Monsoon! As I drove to pick Gretchen up from school it started to pour. I ran into the school carrying Thatcher (we have to walk in to pick up the kids. Usually it is outside but today they were inside.) Thatcher was giggling as we ran in and got soaked!


I tracked Gretchen down and she was bawling! I guess she got kinda misplaced with the teachers or something and then the thunder and rain, anyway she was upset. We waited inside for a bit hoping it would die down. It didn't so I ran out again with Thatcher giggling. By the time I got to the car I was ankle deep in water! It was like I had backed into a lake to pull in a boat! Gretchen waited inside for me to pull the car up closer. She cried while we ran out and got drenched! As luck would have it, the rain started to let up as we drove home (of course!). Here is a photo of our subdivision's usually dry grassy area, and the mail truck waiting for the water to run off the street so he could drive through. I was grateful to have the truck and pounded through! Gretchen then thought it was fun cause we splashed so much water around! But then she made me pull in the garage so she could get out and not get wet! Ah, what are we to do with her?

Here's Gretch posing at a quaint little fountain at a mall!

So I bought some raisins at Gretchen's request. She has since informed me that she allergic to them because when she tries to eat them it starts to make her throw up a little in her throat!.

No comments:

Post a Comment