Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday, August 12, 2008. Piano work sucks!

I know I'm not supposed to say sucks, according to my mother, but piano tuning sucks! First I called one guy, as recommended by Char, and he came out and then said he wouldn't tune a player piano. So I made an appointment with someone that he recommended. He came out, played around a bit and gave me a long education lesson on pianos and caring for them. So I was gifted the player piano that my parents gave me as part of my inheritence (even though I kept telling them inheritence is for when you pass on), and it's the cool player piano that I grew up with and learned to play on. They bought it in the 70's (so it has some awesome colored glass) and have had a handful of tunings on it since. Well, apparently, it is supposed to have the "action" worked on every 10-20 years, so we are well overdue. This is a mere $500.00! I know, I know, costs seem to be coming out of everywhere these days! Well, feeling like I have neglected my God given talent, I consented to the piano work. It better be great that's for sure! It takes about a week and then an estimated 3 hours to put it back together and tune it up. So I'll let you know next week! But I wanted to show you some photos of the naked piano!


Pretty hot stuff, huh!

Check out this action!

1 comment:

  1. I saw "naked" in your post title and got all excited...to see a piano?? well, it is a "playah" piano... looks like you guys are setting in. I hear you on the Sundays... those were the hardest for us as well. We watched badmitton olympics the other night a shed a tear.

    ReplyDelete