Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Church is at 8 a.m.! Phew! We were of course late. But it seems to be a very nice ward. There are approximately 200 kids in the primary! In our ward in Salt Lake there were about 30, and 4 young women. This ward has 50! So it is much bigger. I am kind of hoping to hide out for awhile without a calling! It might be kinda nice to just go and listen and not have to work.

So the first week we went to church, Gretchen had a melt down and wouldn't go to primary. This week, she found her "new best friend," Jackson. He is also in her kindergarten class, and I think she has a little crush. Once she could sit next to him, she went to primary happily!

I think Sundays will be the hardest to be away from our families in Salt Lake because we usually spent so much time with them. Charai and Bri were kind enough to invite us over for Dr. Pepper roast which was so tasty! I got the recipe and am excited to try it out. It may be one of the best roasts I've ever had (no disrespect to anyone else who was cooked roasts and invited us over, of course!). But it was nice to visit with them and have our kids play with some of their cousins!

1 comment:

  1. Hey send me that recipe. I am always looking for a new roast recipe.

    ReplyDelete