Monday, August 25, 2008

Thatcher enlisted some help from Gretchen this time!














For Sunday dinner:

To waive off some loneliness this weekend we had a crew over for dinner. Chris's step siblings (3 of the 4) and their kids, and Dave and Char, and cousin Jonathan. It went great! We had fun and managed to fit everyone without any major disasters! I made chicken enchiladas (my new oven cooks faster so I only mildly burned the bottom, sorry again guys) and those tasty orange rolls - always a hit! Dave nearly knocked me over with hugs and kisses when he saw I had made them! He also misses having meals at Susie's with the whole fam and their cooking! For those who are interested, here are those recipes:
Chicken Enchiladas
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 tsp. onion powder
1 (2¼ oz.) can chopped or slice olives (optional)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed(opt)
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (bake drizzled with olive oil or butter and sprinkled with onion powder, garlic salt and pepper, at 350 degrees until thickest part of meat is 170 degrees)
8-10 flour tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
¾ lb. grated cheddar cheese

Mix soups, sour cream, onion, olives, black beans, and green chilies. Add chicken and stir. Place half of tortilla pieces in bottom of a greased 9X13 pan. Spread half of chicken mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle half of cheese over mixture. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered 45-60 min. @ 350˚.

Favorite Orange Rolls
1 c. sugar
2 Tbl. Orange juice
½ c. butter
Combine above ingredients until sugar dissolves. Pour over 2 packages SMALL(the large don't work) hungry jack biscuits in a round bundt pan. Bake @ 350 for 18-25 min.

2 comments:

  1. Hey for those of you new to blogging, you can post a comment here, enter on leave your comment, fill in the word verification and then if you don't have a gmail or one of the open id options to log in with, I guess you have to sign up for a gmail acct. It's free and easy, but I guess that's the deal for the blog service! I like my gmail, so sign on up to comment! Elna, you can use the one I got for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK--so I have to say that I totally get the lonely thing. When we first moved to Utah 3 years ago-WOW what a tough transition and to have your birthday in a new town without family (your family) can be so tough. Hang in there I have heard (and I experienced) by about 6 months it will not be so overwhelming and it will start to feel like home. Thank heavens for the church. At least that's the same wherever you go.
    We Miss You!!!
    PS--C. Hopson threw a tantrum the other day and rumor has it he quit!!!

    ReplyDelete