Saturday, October 25, 2008

LAGUNA '08!!

We had sooooo much fun at the beach! We met up with some family and spent 8 days just kicked back. I'm pretty sure heaven is just about like that! Sleeping with the sound of waves crashing, spending the day sun tanning and swimming and frolicking in the sand and ocean (mostly only Chris in the ocean - it was only 57 degrees!) and very little cooking and cleaning! And of course surrounded by some of the best company around! The weather was darn near perfect. We were quite blessed on this trip. And did I mention that the drive from our house is about 5 1/2 hours? I'm pretty sure that might make the move down here worth it!


The amazing view from our hotel room - I think Superman made it to our hotel!


We rented bikes and rode along the Newport Beach boardwalk. It was so fun! We got some tandem bikes and I thoroughly enjoyed making some "brrring" bike bell sounds, and then Spencer's fog horn. Oh man, I haven't laughed that hard in ages!
I think this was my best 'action' shot from the trip. This is my nephew Spencer - if anybody wants his number I think we could work somethin' out!

Our hotel room deck at sunset.

We also got to do some visiting with Bella and Hannah, accompanied by the Adler grandparents and Jayme!
Pretty sure Thatcher's favorite activity was throwing rocks in the tide pools! That and anything that had to do with Katie!
Awwwww. So sweet.

While the trip was soooo awesome, it had to end, and I of course left in tears. It was so fun to have people to hang out with! I miss my sisters and lunch companions! The 5 1/2 hours seemed a lot longer going home than going there.

1 comment:

  1. Laguna Beach is such a great beach! You and the family should go check out Rocky Point, Mexico. It's only about 3.5 hours from Gilbert.

    ReplyDelete