Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Welcome Back!

So we spent a FABULOUS week in Laguna Beach with some family and friends and have now returned back to the ho-hum. I will share some beach photos and stories later, but for now a quick update on the home front.

My mom was kind enough to fly down Sunday night for me to start my new hospital orientation - this whole week 8-5. It's so amazingly exciting I can't stand it (my eyes are rolling as I say this in a really bored voice). So Gretchen had 3 full weeks off of school - fall break followed by the vacation - and the first morning back was with Grandma instead of the usual, yours truly. So apparently they get about half way there, Grandma pushing Thatcher in the stroller and Gretchen riding her scooter, and Gretchen decides she doesn't want to go and drops her scooter and starts to run home screaming. As Grandma tries to catch her! I couldn't help but giggle as I heard this! She ran back home and after many threats and pleads, Chris had to be called. He gave her a 'talking to' over the phone and she promptly was driven to school. Chris now gets to take her for the rest of the week! This might be heart breaking as a mother if she hadn't already exhausted all of my sympathy!

Today Thatcher apparently spent a fair amount of time crying at the window looking for mom. That's sad - I hate this stupid hospital orientation. They manage to make you feel like a complete idiot - I had to guide a blindfolded man around the halls for 5 MINUTES without using any words, and without him knowing what I was doing. Honestly people.

After eating out for dinner tonight, Grandma asked me, "Do you think you'll ever have an easy child?" That's a good question. What am I raising here? Hopefully we haven't worn her down entirely at the weeks end. She may be ready to say farewell to us until next month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man...hospital orientation...they could pretty much go over everything in half of the time. It's such a waste of time.

    That is funny about Gretchen. At least it can make you feel like you are needed.

    ReplyDelete