Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Saturday's Relief Society Conference

I went to the Stake Center on Saturday night for the General Relief Society Conference. It was really nice. They had a dinner afterwards and every ward talked about their summer humanitarian projects. I felt a little retarded cause I'm a LONER. Luckily a kind soul made space for me and invited me to join her. As often as is the case, I can't remember most of the talks, just that I felt the spirit. And that there are plenty of pregnant women and new babies in the stake that I wished I could hold! I have discovered people don't very often like handing their babies off to strange new women(me)! It's really too bad, cause I'm a great baby holder.

What I can recall from the meeting is from President Uchtdorf. He is a fabulous speaker and I feel like he honestly cares about me, even though we have never met! Creation and Compassion. Creation - basically improving upon anything I have been given. Beautifying my space, cleaning, planting gardens and plants. And compassion. One thing I know for certain is that as I wallow in my self pity of loneliness and 700 miles from my bestest friends and family, if I instead focus on doing something for others, I feel so much better. Wallowing doesn't really help much, although I seem to do it a lot! I'm grateful for the church and kind souls helping me to find my place!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thought for the month is... Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain. Just another tid bit of good advice from your favorite.......

    ReplyDelete