Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Break, Day 3

Day 3? That's it? Wow. Fall Break is feeling really long. I can't seem to remember what I did with Gretchen before she was in school all day. We've already cleaned, done laundry, gone to the store, the playground, what else? I can only be nice for so long. I need a break, before I break. And of course Chris worked late last night. Oh man.

Today we went swimming at our gracious neighbor's house. It was fun. She is probably the kindest soul I know, and I don't know her very much. She and her husband brought us a pizza on the day we moved in, and invited us to swim. She has said we can swim anytime! So that's fabulous, and we took her some brownies as a small token. She and her husband are empty nesters, and her elderly parents AND her handicap brother live with them. And her husband just had open heart surgery in the summer. So she pretty much takes care of them all. Wow. Maybe I should stop whining about my two little monsters?

2 comments:

  1. What great neighbors! Ya, makes life seem not quite so bad, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are settling in! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your family. We miss you at bridge. It was fun having the group up to Bear Lake finally but we needed you!

    ReplyDelete